ALL WRITERS SHOULD HAVE A CAT
Here are five short, sweet reasons why I make this bold statement and chose a cat to be today’s awesome tool:
- Muses love cats. What did you think your cat was staring at when you saw nothing but thin air?
- Many famous authors have cats, so you know 1. is true. (see author photos below)
- You’ll look cooler in a bio photo with your cat and people will instantly love you for it (well, maybe not dog people).
- With proper training, your cat will read your WIP, offering valuable feedback before presenting it to your human critique partners.
- Cats are there for you when you’re feeling blue or sick. They soothe your soul and help heal your body, offering inspiration, comfort and companionship.
I put down my book, The Meaning of Zen, and see the cat smiling into her fur as she delicately combs it with her rough pink tongue. Cat, I would lend you this book to study but it appears you have already read it. She looks up and gives me her full gaze. Don’t be ridiculous, she purrs, I wrote it.”~ from “Miao” by Dilys Laing
Tool rating: 5 stars
HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND!
Alexander McCall Smith